Here are six home improvements that are not only attractive to homebuyers today but that will yield the highest return when you are ready to sell.
- Energy Efficient Upgrades. Upgrading your insulation or replacing your doors and windows with more energy efficient equivalents are some of the most valuable renovations you can do. Not only can they add value to your home but will also decrease your monthly utility bills.
- Kitchen / Bathroom Remodels. A beautiful kitchen and updated bathroom are on the wish list of many homebuyers. While some kitchens and bathrooms may need a complete overhaul, even minor renovations such as new countertops and taps can be enough to increase the value of your home.
- Fresh Coat of Paint. There is nothing like a fresh coat of paint to liven up a home. A fresh coat of paint in a neutral tone, both inside and outside, is the most inexpensive way to update your home and ensure you attract more buyers.
- Exterior Improvements. Replacing an old garage door, upgrading your front door, adding low maintenance landscaping, removing old awnings or adding a deck are all high-ROI renovations in the long term.
- Finished Basement. Finished basements add useable space for things like a home gym, entertainment/bar area, game room or kids’ playroom. Be sure to use water resistant materials, test and repair any water damage while finishing your basement.
- Home Office. With the current trend toward work-at-home schedules, converting a spare room to a functioning home office will be attractive to many homebuyers today.
For a complimentary consult on how to improve your home’s value, please reach out anytime! Click here to see my availability so we can avoid the back and forth of finding a time to chat.